Sunday, May 4, 2008

Friday, Saturday and Sunday



It's been a few days since the last post. Haven't been doing much on the site seeing front, mostly family time.

Friday, I had lunch with my aunt and uncle, we caught up a bit and I got to see some of the wedding video from their daughter (my cousin's) wedding video.



I walked around the old neighborhood a bit. When my sister in law got home from work, we went out for ice cream and a walk to the park. The park is located in the same area as the park we used to play at as kids only now it's over a bus depot and much smaller.






On Saturday, I went to the gym - it's called California Fitness here - and tried out their Body Balance class (combination of Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates). In the afternoon I went to the temple with my sister in law for a show the kids were having (nephew had a part). He goes to the temple for classes, sort of like Sunday school. During the performance, the instructor for each class talked about what the class learned over their session and one of the instructors talked about quiet time, I made a crack to my sil about how the nephew flunked that class, we both laughed.



Later in the day, we (sil, nephew and I) went to Festival Walk, a mall where they have an ice skating rink. The guide book says that in Hong Kong shopping is a religion and this mall is one of the temples, I can see that!! We took the Hong Kong subway system there and back.





Today, Sunday, all of us (dad, sil, brother, nephew and I) went for Dim Sum - it was good! After that dad and nephew went for a movie, sil and I went window shopping (Harbor City) and brother headed home for some down time.





So it's mostly been family time as you can see. I will start with the sites tomorrow.






2 comments:

smariek said...

Somewhere in all that family time, I hope you have also managed to find some YOU time.

Jonathan said...

Did you skate? I bet your a good skater V. Looks like a very clean city; much cleaner than mine. Great pic work.