Thursday, May 15, 2008

Saturday, May 10th

Between Stanley and Lantau, by now, I had tan and my face was a cherry red! I know I should have put on some sunscreen but I couldn't stand the thought of putting anything sticky on with the heat and humidity.

I had seen all the major sites by now and only had a couple of things left my on my list of must sees. Hong Kong Tourist Board offers tourists a ride on an old fishing boat for an hour and it sounded like fun, so I got a ticket. I had to catch the boat (junk boat) at noon at the Star Ferry area. The day was overcast, which was actually kinda nice seeing how hot it had been the day before.

I got to sit on the top deck with some american tourists and got to chatting with them. The ride was really fun and relaxing. There was a recorded commentary but it was hard to hear from where I was sitting.

It started raining shortly before the ride was to end, forcing everyone into the covered area of boat.












While boat ride started in Kowloon, it ended on Hong Kong island. I had to catch the Star Ferry back to the Kowloon side for lunch with my aunt.












My aunt made chicken biryani, it's was very good.



After lunch and some time with my aunt. I headed back home. Later in the afternoon, I went out with my sister in law to get a few things for the family here.

1 comment:

smariek said...

Let me know if you ever find a good non-greasy sunscreen.

What language was the commentary on the boat?