Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday, May 5th, Happy Cinco de Mayo!

After spending the morning with my aunt and cousin, I headed off for a walk along the water front/promenade. It was a very hot and humid day but it was very pleasant along the harbor.



I came upon what is probably the best Starbucks location ever, right there on the harbor, with outdoor seating! It looks like something you would see in Maui or Santa Monica... I had to stop in for a frap!





I sat there for a bit, enjoying the view and the frap. After cooling off a bit, I continued walking down the promenade towards their version of the Walk of Fame (Avenue of Stars).





I used to watch chinese soaps when I was in the 7th grade, I had the biggest crush on Chow Yun Fat!!!







The promenade eventually leads to the clock tower and the star ferry. I took the ferry over to Hong Kong Island - it's a great ride over (and at $1.7 HKD, the best deal ever!).

























As you can see, I spent some time taking pictures (these are just a few!!). I headed back to Kowloon on the ferry. And walked back to home base, through some old neighborhoods... a street that the kindergarten was at and we once lived as well (both buildings no longer exist).



There is some weather approaching, it started raining on the way back and there is a nice breeze blowing.





2 comments:

smariek said...

As always, very nice photos! I didn't even know there was a Walk of Fame over there.

Jonathan said...

Once again great shots. I love the red sails on that boat. Good thing they have Starbucks. Keep on going and have fun over there.