Friday, May 2, 2008

From Shanghai to Hong Kong

On Thursday I traveled from Shanghai to Hong Kong. While the flight is not a long one, the door to door time landed up being about 8.5 hours. The business of traveling is just plain tedious between the transit and the queues, it really just wears me down. I woke up at 6am to get going. Hopped into a cab to get to the Maglev (bullet train) to get to the airport. There was hardly any traffic so the ride was short. Got my ticket (40 RMB) and waited on the train. This train makes short time of a long distance. I am sure it took me over an hour to drive into town in a car, but this train does it in 8 minutes (plus the cab ride).









With all that Shanghai is, the airport experience could be better. The lines were long, there was no air conditioning, and I got to my gate just in time for boarding (thanks to the slow serviced lines).

The flight was uneventful, although I am not sure what happened with my seat assignment, I was pretty sure I had picked window seats for every leg but I didn't have that for this one.... hmmmm (yes I know people prefer the aisle but I enjoy looking out the window!!)








Once in Hong Kong, I took the bus into town. After some lunch and some down time. I went to an Indian movie with the sister in law (sil) and her friend. The movie was called Tashan and it was soooooo bad it was funny. Very few indian movies are original, this one had the feel of Kill Bill, Matrix and some wild west movie, all done Indian style. The scenery in the movie was great but the movie was just plain bad (pictures below taken of the movie, ha ha, had to do something while I was sitting there).

Came home for dinner with the family and sil's friends (I forgot to take pictures of the food, sorry!).










3 comments:

smariek said...

185 miles per hour is pretty fast.

Jonathan said...

Hahahaha, yes, looks like a fascinating movie full of action and drama. Nothing like a good dancing picture. lololol

Jonathan said...

Beach Blanket Bingo-The BB and B. You got triple B'ed in 08. That alone would give merit to the trip. Keep on truckin V. You have a real fan in me. hehe