Friday, May 16, 2008

Sunday, May 11th, Mother's Day

I started the day early. After a shower, I walked out to the water front Starbucks for some quiet time and a coffee. It was raining but not so hard that one couldn't sit outside. I sat out on the deck above the starbucks, taking in the view and some time for myself.





Here's the phone my sil had me carry, just so I could reachable or could get help if I needed. It's actually quite funny, I missed pretty much every call, wanna know why? I had no idea what the ring sounded like.... ha ha! I liked the phone though, it was thin and had a built in mp3 player.


On my way back, I stopped by and looked at another building we had lived in.


We went out for Mother's day lunch to a place called Nomad's, it was a Mongolian BBQ buffet place. The place has an interesting concept, the buffet was for raw ingredients and there was a section for sauces, you put it together and they cook it for you.











That evening my sister-in-law and I went to the water front that evening to watch the Festival of Lights. It's a light display by various buildings. My aunt and cousin met up with us there for a walk. The lighting display was so so at best but fun nonetheless.



Dinner with the family at a south indian restaurant.

1 comment:

smariek said...

That looks like such a nice place to sit and have coffee. I think the most appealing part is that it isn't crowded at all.