Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kitten up for adoption

http://scaashanghai.org/gallery2/v/adoptable_pets/cats/Cayden/

Cayden

My name is Cayden. I'm a sweet male kitten (D.O.B. March / April 07) with a tragic beginning and am looking for a happy ending. My rescuer was visiting Shanghai when she heard me screaming from a rubbish bin in a downtown garden. When she found me, I was struggling to get out of the bin where two of my siblings were already dead. My one other sibling, clearly injured from being dumped, died while my rescuer tried to save him too. Without hesitation, or much thought to her return flight home in a few days' time, my rescuer grabbed me and took me home. I was so relieved to be out of danger that I had only two modes: purring and sleeping. Not long after that, I was in my SCAA foster home and enjoying cuddles. But the trauma of abandonment took its toll and I wasn't eating well or going to the bathroom on my own. My good friend Jasper (my foster family's dog) helped me a lot (be sure to ask SCAA how!) and now I'm on my way to being a healthy kitty. Treated for fleas and worms. First vaccination due end of May.


Cayden


Cayden snuggling

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I have few words here for that story. What a good kitty! THere are many new kitties here 2. I hope he does well. great job V.

smariek said...

So nice to know there'll be a happy ending for Cayden.